Your New Year’s Wake-up Call!
JOIN US ON SATURDAY 6 JANUARY 2024
Start Time: 06:30
At: Wits University, Yale Road
Yale Road (Empire Road Entrance Only)
“Early-Bird” entries to 30 November: R180
From 01 December to Race Day: R200
Grandmasters (R100) and Blind Runners (Free) to contact us.
Temp license: R60
AT Ifloors HILLFOX VALUE CENTRE / SWEATSHOP Dunkeld
Late entries/collections will be available at Wits University on Friday 5 Jan from 13:00 to 18:00
or from 05:00 on race day
Thomas Hope - 082 678 4211 or RACE@KUDUS.ORG.ZA
FIRST 2500 FINISHERS RECEIVE A CUSTOMIZED RACE GLASS
All entries include a donation to SANParks Honorary Rangers
· The race is run in accordance with the rules and constitution of ASA and CGA.
· Athletes indemnify the National, Provincial athletics bodies, the sponsors, organisers, beneficiaries and local authority against all and any damage or injury they may sustain in participating in the race.
· All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
· Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2023 or 2024 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of vest.
· Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2023 or 2024 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
· Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest.
· International Athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
· Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
· Competitors must be 15 years or older on the day of the race.
· Athletes competing for a category prize must wear NUMERIC age category ID tags (front and back). Proof of age must be available on race day.
· Prize money will be withheld until age is verified.
· Prizes will only be awarded to athletes who fill in the race details comprehensively. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
· No athlete will be eligible for prizes if details are not completed correctly online or on the day and thus deemed to be a non-finisher.
· Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R500 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
· Transfers and changes will incur a R50 surcharge.
· Unfortunately, wheelchair athletes may not compete in this race due to the nature of the course. Neither may athletes make use of roller blades, skateboards, cycles, prams or other mechanically propelled devices.
· All directions and instructions from traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
· In accordance with ASA rules, there will be at least 3 water tables, not more than 4 kilometres apart.
· No seconding permitted.
· Regret, athletes will not be allowed to participate with pets.
· No ear plugged devices are allowed, excluding hearing aid devices. Runners who wear such devices in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b may face disqualification.
· Foreign athletes must comply with ASA domicile rules.
· Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license and are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
· Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exist in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
· The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage ininappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
· Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.